TRCC/MWAR operates on principles of mutual respect and anti-oppression. We believe survivors of sexual violence are experts in their own healing. Together we work toward creating a thriving community, empowering survivors of all races, classes, ages, gender identities, sexual orientations, abilities and spiritualities
TRCC/MWAR envisions the liberation of women and children from all forms of violence. We celebrate freedom of choice, sexual freedom and healthy communities and human interactions
TRCC/MWAR is a grassroots, women-run collective working towards a violence-free world by providing anti-oppressive, feminist peer support to survivors of sexual violence through support, education and activism.
• 24 Hour crisis line phone counselling, call 416-597-8808
• In person, one—to—one counselling sessions, Monday—Friday. Evening appointment available. Call 416-597-1171
• Public Education and workshops; presentations on sexual violence, rape, incest, sexual harassment, anti-violence, anti– oppression in house workshops
• Court support, advocacy and accompaniment, Intervention and consultations around issues relating to family law, criminal justice system, refugee/immigration, medical and other government related agencies.
• Prison support: provide in person support and phone support services for women in conflict with the law
• Information and referral: we offer referrals to counselling, health, legal clinics and other government / community agencies.
• Latin American Women’s Program: provide centere’s services in spanish. To book an appointment with a spanish speaking counsellor. Call 416-597-1171 ext 228. email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Support groups for survivors of sexual violence